The Civic Crowd aims to map amazing initiatives and ideas for citizen-powered change, providing an open public domain resource where people can:
- SHARE the Projects they are working on and get feedback and Support from the community.
- DISCUSS Ideas for improvements to their area and help realise them through local collaboration.
- OFFER their skills and Support for the benefit of the community.
- APPRECIATE great Projects or Ideas to express their gratitude and backing.
- PROPOSE Actions they are willing to take to help others realise their Projects.
- VOLUNTEER to Support each other to turn Proposals into reality.
The Civic Crowd is inspired by the Compendium for the Civic Economy, Hand Made, the Community Lover’s Guide to the Universe series, and the Britain’s 50 Top New Radicals project by The Observer and NESTA; but the map belongs to everyone…
This infrastructure was designed by 00:/, Social Spaces, and Cassie Robinson. Special thanks to NESTA and the Hub Islington. The Civic Crowd is sponsored by Design Council.